Sunday, August 30, 2009

Circle Socks -- A Creative Distraction


I have been wanting to make Anne Campbell's Circle Socks for months, but have been totally wrapped up in completing other projects, including two pairs of socks per month in the Socks from the Toe Up Knit-Along on Ravelry. This month, I finished both pairs early, so I grabbed this beautiful Spunky Eclectic Shine yarn I found on a Ravelry destash and got to work.

Since I am totally hooked on Wendy D. Johnson's toe-up sock construction (and have been getting plenty of practice during the KAL) I modified Anne Campbell's pattern for toe-up/gusset heel construction. These socks are really just Wendy's generic toe-up sock pattern made with 56 stitches (the circle pattern is a multiple of 8 sts) with the leg worked in the circle pattern. I inverted the circle pattern, but I don't think it really mattered, as long as I started and ended with the three purl rows. I was originally skeptical of the lack of a ribbed cuff, but once I worked the circles I realized no ribbing is needed.


This yarn worked up beautifully and has a lovely sheen from the Tencel. I will definitely be trying Spunky Eclectic's other yarns!

These socks are headed for my mother-in-law, Pat, in Vermont. I know she will love them.


Today, Russell is .....



... ignoring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment